UNTOLD LEGENDS THE WARRIOR'S CODE FOR THE PSP (PLAYSTATIONÂ® PORTABLE) SYSTEM SHIPPING TODAY
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - March 28, 2006 - Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE) announces Untold Legends The Warrior's Code for the PSP (PlayStationÂ®Portable) system is shipping to retail stores in North America today. The Warrior's Code is the next game in the Untold Legends series, following the top-selling Brotherhood of the Blade. The Warrior's Code is a completely new action role-playing game (RPG) featuring an enhanced combat engine, all-new 3D graphics, with special effects, new spells and lighting, and new multiplayer game modes. Untold Legends The Warrior's Code carries a suggested retail price of $39.99.
"The Warrior's Code builds upon the success of the original game while reaching out to new PSP system owners and fans of the action-RPG genre," said Chris Sturr, senior brand manager, Sony Online Entertainment. "The Warrior's Code brings an entirely new level of gaming to the PSP system with an all-new story mode told through in-game cut scenes and two new multiplayer modes featuring cooperative play for up to two players or player-to-player battles for up to four players via either WiFi, or now for the first time, online."
As one of five completely re-designed, shape-changing characters, players will challenge their hack-and-slash skills through an epic storyline consisting of five exciting chapters with dramatic in-game cinematics, voiceovers and exciting, colorful art design. In addition, there are more than 45 areas featuring interactive objects, devious traps, destructible walls and creatures.
The Warrior's Code utilizes the online capability of the PSP system and features two online multiplayer options. The cooperative option features story driven co-op play for up to two players which seamlessly integrates with the single player game. The player-vs.-player option offers combat-focused battles for up to four players. Both options feature a macro-chat communication, online lobby and matchmaking system.
About The Warrior's Code
In The Warrior's Code, the realm is one of chaos and oppression as a powerful warlord's horrific minions continue to slaughter and enslave the people. When members of a secret shape-shifting race begin to disappear, suspicions of an insidious plot to exterminate them lead many of its members to flee into the wilderness for survival. While struggling to escape capture and death, some of the shape-shifting refugees stumble upon a carefully guarded secret that rekindles hope for freedom and peace in the realm.
Key features in The Warrior's Code include:
- Evolutionary Combat Engine - Experience all-new action-RPG combat through an upgraded combat engine, featuring a wider variety of combat moves and special abilities, dynamic attacks of opportunity, and all the intensity of fast hack-n-slash action.
- Epic Storyline - Play through five exciting chapters with dramatic in-game cinematics and voiceovers.
- Enhanced 3D Game Engine - Featuring enhanced graphics, special effects, and lighting with streaming music.
- All-New Online Multiplayer Mode - Featuring story-driven two player co-op play seamlessly integrated with the single player game, or combat-focused player vs. player battles for up to four players.
- New Playable Characters - Five shape-changing player character types featuring enhanced customization and a wider variety of enhanced animations.
- Enhanced Quest System - Challenge yourself with a wider variety of quest types and upgraded Quest Journal.
- New Hand-Crafted Environments - Explore more than 45 all-new areas featuring dynamic events and a wider array of interactive objects, devious traps, destructible walls, and creatures.
- Unique Monsters - Battle and employ different combat strategies against more than 40 unique monsters with improved Artificial Intelligence.
- Massive Boss Battles - Experience 12 massive boss battles featuring interactive lairs and unique new gameplay challenges.
- Enhanced Item System - Collect and utilize a wider variety of items and enhancements and store.
For more information please visit www.untoldlegends.com