Itâs a massive return to miniature mayhem â Micro Machines v4 PC demo now available
New York (June 23, 2006) â Savvy gamers can be the first to take Micro Machines v4 for a test drive and experience its incredible mix of miniature mayhem and maximum multiplayer racing with the PC playable demo, available now www.codemasters.com/micromachines.
Micro Machines v4 brings back the seriesâ much-loved breakneck micro racing gameplay in all its glory. The title is set to ship on June 27th for the PlayStationÂ®2 computer entertainment system, the PSPÂ system and PC with a Nintendo DSÂ edition to follow.
The PC demo lets up to four players duke it out on three outrageous tracks; around the kitchen, on the rooftops and inside the chicken coop. Players can get in some single-player practice as well with Quick Battle races against AI opponents.
The Kitchen Capers track has players belting around the kitchen counters, racing over scorching stovetops and leaping from the countertops to an ironing board. Players should beware the soapy lake that is the kitchen sink and use the floating sponge as an improvised raft to avoid a watery grave.
Then itâs outside to the chicken coop in the Pecking Peril race, which holds the horrors of seemingly giant chickens that try to peck the wheels off the tiny racers. Get past them and there are still their boulder-like eggs to dodge as they come tumbling like a landslide.
Finally, roar around the roof in Rooftop Rumble, racing down drainpipes and catching the updraft from an air vent. Collect weapon power-ups and let loose a fury with machine guns, missiles, electric-shockers and more!
Be first off the starting grid and download the new PC demo and check the latest videos, available now at www.codemasters.com/micromachines.
The MICRO MACHINES property is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS).
ABOUT MICRO MACHINES V4
Mixing miniature mayhem with maximum multiplayer racing, Micro Machines v4 comes packed with knockabout, breakneck racing in the fastest scale miniatures, complete with explosive weapon power-ups. Letting players loose with hundreds of vehicles, each with distinctive performance abilities, players will race inch-long miniature motors on the wildest tracks where everyday household objects appear immense in size and can become lethal hazards.
Thereâs an arsenal of power-ups and weapons to collect and use on opponents while racing. Micro Machines v4 brings all the favorites back â such as missiles and bombs â and provides new ones to attack with, including flamethrowers, heat-seeking missiles, plasma guns and, of course, the car-mounted giant hammer!
* Engage in madcap competition racing with your micro motors on the wildest tracks around your house, garden and beyond...
* Spin out on the breakfast table, turbo boost across the pool table or hit the gas as you race around the rim of the bath.
* Use your arsenal of power ups to blast your opponents with the flamethrower or heat-seeking homing missiles to throw them off course.
* Hundreds of tiny turbo cars to collect or trade. Or, up the stakes when you play for keeps with âpink slip racingâ.
* Unlock bonus tracks with PSP system to PlayStation 2 connectivity.
* PSP system & DS Wireless capability for up to 4-players, PC online multiplay and LAN.
* Unlockable multiplayer and single player content.
* Earn credits to unlock tracks and cars then trade with your friends.
* Track editor choose your own route through the garden or science labâ¦ then challenge your friends to do battle!
Codemasters is a leading developer and publisher of best-selling interactive entertainment products for a global audience on current and future gaming platforms and channels. Established in 1986, the companyâs dominant brands include Colin McRae Rally, TOCA Race Driver, LMA Manager, Brian Lara Cricket and Operation Flashpoint. The company is headquartered in Southam, Warwickshire UK and maintains European operations in Germany, France, Spain, and Benelux. The company has its U.S. headquarters in New York. More information about the company and its products is available online at http://www.codemasters.com.