DreamCatcher Games to Publish Ship Simulator
Toronto, August 2, 2006 â DreamCatcher Games today announced that it will publish a new version of Ship Simulator for WindowsÂ® in North America which includes the famous New York harbor.
Ship Simulator is a revolutionary new game that puts you at the helm of some of the most varied and detailed ships to be found at sea. Set in stunning 3D environments, take control of a wide array of vessels, from massive cargo ships to powerful racing speedboats, yachts, water taxis, and even the mighty Titanic.
Perform a multitude of tasks using the diverse controls of the game, such as the unique challenge of steering the Titanic through shallow water and experiencing the vast differences between navigating a cargo tanker and a tugboat.
The waters that you sail are just as varied as the ships that you control â from the biggest harbors in the world, including New York and Hamburg, to the calm aquamarine waters of the Thai Phi Phi Islands.
* Play with 8 different ship types, each with their individual response and controls.
* Over 435 mi2 of stunning and accurate environments to maneuver your ships including the worldâs largest harbors: New York, Rotterdam, and Hamburg.
* Cruise around the rich tropical environments of Thailandâs gorgeous Phi Phi Islands.
* Gameplay includes 40 very different missions, from search and rescue missions, racing a speedboat, to towing a cargo boat through a narrow harbor entrance with your powerful tugboat.
* Earn money by finishing missions or lose it by hitting other objects.
* Dynamic weather system, including wind force and rain, adds to the atmosphere and the realism of this simulator.
* Create your own missions using the powerful mission editor and drag playable ships and tasks into one of the giant game environments. Populate your harbor with cranes, cargo ships, docking areas, cars and cargo stacks.
* Exchange your very own missions and challenge other players on the Ship Simulator Internet Forum.
Developed by VSTEP located in Rotterdam in The Netherlands, Ship Simulator has received an ESRB rating of âEâ for Everyone and will begin hitting store shelves in August 2006. For additional information please visit www.DreamCatcherGames.com.