FlatOutÂ 2 CRASHES INTO STORES
San Francisco â Aug. 1, 2006 â Empire Interactive, a U.K. computer games developer and publisher, today announced that FlatOut 2 is now available at retail outlets nationwide for the PlayStationÂ®2 computer entertainment system, XboxÂ® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.
FlatOut 2 features an updated physics engine with even faster track designs and numerous other improvements, enhancements and additions to make the title the definitive FlatOut experience. With twice as many vehicles, a more sophisticated career mode, additional race environments, an increased number of tracks, twice as many mini-games, as well as brand new and much-requested online multiplayer modes, this title is sure to appeal to hardcore FlatOut groupies.
The FlatOut experience is further strengthened with more than 5,000 fully destructible objects on every track, as well as 40 deformable parts on each vehicle. Greater emphasis is placed on track destruction by offering FlatOut 2 drivers bigger rewards, creating more frantic game play than ever before. Drivers will need to tear into competitorsâ cars, trash the local scenery, litter the track with obstacles, while at the same time trying to concentrate on their own race in a bid to cross the line first.
The ever-popular Ragdoll mini-games from the original FlatOut game make a welcome return and are better than ever with 12 Ragdoll events and full online support. New Ragdoll events include a slamminâ basketball game, baseball, royal flush cards and a death-defying Ring of Fire.
Developed by Bugbear Entertainment and distributed by Vivendi Games in the U.S., FlatOut 2 carries a suggested retail price of $39.99.
* Bigger variety of race environments including Big City, L.A. Storm Drains, Rocky Mountain Forest, Corn Fields and Desert
* Increased number of tracks with alternate track routes included for the first time
* Enhanced Championship Mode with multiple cups across increasing difficultly levels
* Twice as many vehicles plus additional car types-- muscle cars, sports cars, pickup trucks and compacts
* Garage feature allows player to now own multiple vehicles
* Unlockable bonuses including additional cars, Championship Cups and Destruction Arenas
* Improved opponent AI with each AI driver represented by a character and exhibiting a unique driving style
* MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT:
* Online multiplayer modes - up to six players on PlayStation 2 and eight players on Xbox
* Four player offline split screen Multiplayer mode on Xbox; two player on PlayStation 2
* Now available online! -- Destruction Derby Arenas
About Empire Interactive
Empire is a leading UK quoted computer games developer and publisher, specializing in innovative video games with mass-market appeal. The Group is one of the most established in the industry now in its 19th year of business. Its portfolio of titles includes Starsky & Hutch, FlatOut, Big Mutha Truckers, Space Invaders 25th Anniversary and Starship Troopers. The Groupâs value division, Xplosiv, continues to increase its market share across Europe and has experienced success with its first PlayStation 2 titles. Headquartered in the UK, Empire has offices in the U.S., Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Further information about Empire and its products can be found at: http://www.empireinteractive.com
About Bugbear Entertainment Ltd.
Bugbear Entertainment Ltd. is an award-winning Finnish game developer focusing on immersive and advanced driving games. The companyâs international breakthrough was the critically acclaimed title âRally Trophyâ in 2001. Bugbear released 'Tough Trucks' in 2003. The innovative and much-awaited âFlatOutâ on PlaystationÂ®2, Xbox Â® and PC CD was published in November 2004 with great success. An N-Gage exclusive story-driven arcade racer 'Glimmerati' was published in July 2005 to outstanding reviews. The company is currently working on FlatOut 2 and other unannounced console and PC projects. For more information please visit www.bugbeargames.com.