UBISOFT AND FREE RADICAL ANNOUNCE =?ISO-8859-1?Q?PLAYSTAT?=
New First-Person Shooter Invites Players to Fight the War, On Drugs
SAN FRANCISCO ? May 22, 2008 ? Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that Haze, the new first-person shooter set in a harsh future where war is never quite what it seems, is now available in stores nationwide. Developed by shooter experts Free Radical, creators of the critically acclaimed TimeSplitters® series, Haze is available exclusively on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. Haze is rated "M? for Mature by the ESRB.
"We are excited to inject the marketplace with Haze and its Nectar-driven twist on the classic shooter genre,? stated Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft. "Today, gamers everywhere can fight the good fight as they get their hands on the next big PLAYSTATION 3 system exclusive shooter.?
Set in the year 2048 in a world where governments have outsourced military operations to private military corporations (PMCs), you play as Shane Carpenter, a newly enlisted soldier seeking fulfillment and thrills by fighting for a good cause. As the leading PMC, Mantel Global Industries offers an array of cutting-edge military equipment, including a high-tech arsenal of vehicles, deadly weaponry and the performance-enhancing drug Nectar.
Your conflict begins in a war-torn country where you have been sent to fight a vicious rebel faction, the Promise Hand. At first all is well, but things quickly begin to look a little strange?
Uncover the truth, switch sides and break away from Mantel's manipulative grip when you join your former enemies, the Promise Hand.
- Impeccable FPS credentials from the developers of the critically acclaimed TimeSplitters® series and the publishers of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® and Far Cry®. Free Radical and Ubisoft have proved their ability to create innovative, platform-defining FPS titles.
- Play both sides of the same war: Evolve from a ruthless high-tech Mantel Trooper to a cunning Promise Hand rebel, each featuring distinct game systems, weaponry and abilities.
- Experience the power of a Mantel Trooper. You'll be equipped with the most advanced gear and deadliest weapons and empowered by Nectar, Mantel's battlefield-optimized performance-enhancing medication that lets you boost your fighting abilities and experience the highs and lows of drug-laden warfare. Perform fighting abilities such as Nectar Focus, Nectar Foresight and Melee Blast.
- Expose the truth, switch sides and break away from Mantel's control. Join up with your former enemies, and lead the rebels against the Mantel army. Use your knowledge of your former teammates' weaknesses and new abilities and techniques such as Play Dead, Weapon Stealing and the deadly Nectar Grenade.
- Cutting-edge gaming technology exclusively developed for the PLAYSTATION 3 system featuring the Disparity Rendering System(TM), which shapes players' views of the world on and off Nectar. Haze also features an entirely streaming experience and the groundbreaking Conspire(TM) AI System, in which all enemy behaviors are entirely dynamic ? nothing is scripted.
- State-of-the-art multiplayer modes. Fire up your console for online battles and choose from a variety of online modes, including furious four-player co-op action! Play as both Troopers and Rebels and unveil hidden secrets from the single-player campaign.
For more information on Haze, please visit www.hazegame.com.
Haze © 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment and Free Radical Design Limited. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter © 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. Far Cry © 2004 Crytek. All Rights Reserved. Haze is a trademark of Ubisoft Entertainment and Free Radical Design. Free Radical Design and its associated logo are trademarks of Free Radical Design Limited. Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, the Soldier Icon, Far Cry, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are registered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Haze developed by Free Radical Design Limited. Far Cry published by Ubisoft Entertainment. "PlayStation?, "PLAYSTATION? and "PS? Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2007-08 fiscal year Ubisoft forecasts generated sales of 920 million Euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
About Free Radical:
Founded in 1999, Free Radical Design is one of the UK's leading independent video game developers and is now wholly focused on next-generation development. It recently achieved its first listing in the Sunday Times Microsoft Tech Track 100, being one of the UK's fastest-growing technology companies. To learn more, please visit www.frd.co.uk.
Posted using Meow